Between visiting the abbey, hiking in the bay, and sharing the omelette, Mont-Saint-Michel will fascinate you during this cultural trip of a day.
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1979, Mont-Saint-Michel and its bay constitute a grandiose landscape, between Normandy and Brittany. It is one of the most visited sites in France each year. Calliopée invites you to discover this pearl of the Channel coast.
Group already formed, Corporate Committees, Associations, ... Would you like a tailor-made proposal?
We support you in the organization of your project.
A few hours from Paris, come and enjoy a cultural getaway in the great outdoors!
In the morning :
GUIDED TOUR OF THE MOUNT AND ITS ABBEY
According to legend, it was Aubert, bishop of Avranches, who was at the origin of the construction of the Mount, following three successive appearances of the Archangel Saint Michel in the eighth century. In addition, a fraternal bond unites the Mount with the sanctuary of San Michele di Monte Sant’Angelo created in the 5th century in the Gargano (Puglia Region in Italy), since the Archangel Michael also appeared there asking that he there is a place of worship. Moreover, the legend tells that a relic of Archangel Michael from Italy was acquired by Bishop Aubert for the Mount.
Lunch at the restaurant La Mère Poulard.
Discover the culinary specialty of Mont-Saint-Michel: the famous omelet of Mother Poulard. It is an omelette soufflé cooked over high heat, sometimes supplemented with cream, whose white and yellow were, most often, beaten separately.
During the afternoon :
EDUCATIONAL WALK IN THE BAY OF MONT-SAINT-MICHEL
One of the best ways to enjoy the Mont and to have a captivating view of the rocky islet is to go on foot to cross the bay. This hike allows to discover all the extent of this site, theater of the biggest tides of continental Europe. Our experienced guide will accompany you from the foot of Mount to Bec d’Andaine, through the island Tombelaine and its surroundings, containing quicksand.
Cultural Travel within one day
- Departure Paris / Gare Montparnasse around 07:13 – Arrive Rennes 9:07
- Departure Rennes / Mont Saint-Michel around 9:15 – Arrival at Mont Saint-Michel 10:25
- Around 10:35: visit of Mont Saint-Michel and the Abbey. Duration 2h30.
- Around 13:00: Lunch at the Mother Poulard, with the famous omelette.
- Around 14:30: Educational walk in the Bay. Duration about 3 hours.
- Return of Mont Saint-Michel around 17:45 – Arrival in Rennes around 19:00.
- Departure for Paris at 19:35 – Arrival in Paris at 21:09.
• Paris / Rennes / Paris high-speed train in second class.
• bus transportation Rennes / Mont Saint-Michel / Rennes.
• A lunch.
• The Calliopée guide.
• Commented visits and entries mentioned in the program with a local speaker, entries and transfer mentioned in the program.
• Meals not included in the program.
• The drinks.
• Personal expenses.
• Cancellation insurance.
• Baggage and repatriation insurance.
Climate and Temperatures: The climate is oceanic, cool and wet most of the year. The temperatures are similar to those of the coastal area of Normandy, because the island is located very close to the coast, however the presence of the sea creates a humid microclimate, a little cooler during the day, especially in summer. Provide comfortable clothing, woolen clothing and rain gear as a precaution, as well as comfortable shoes for scheduled walking tours.
Visits: The speaker will decide on the choice of the houses he will comment on and help you better understand them. It is obvious that we will not be able to stop in front of all the houses on the island.