A full day in Amboise !
Discover the beauty and history of Amboise, home of French King François 1st and his favorite painter Leonardo da Vinci, during this short cultural getaway !
Group already formed, Corporate Committees, Associations, ... Would you like a tailor-made proposal?
We support you in the organization of your project.
There are cities that are full-fledged travel destinations, and Amboise is certainly one of them. As soon as you arrive, you are caught up in the weight of history and the beauty of its white stone, so emblematic of the Loire Castles. As a royal city, Amboise was indeed the laboratory of the French Renaissance.
In the morning :
The Château Royal d’Amboise
For nearly two centuries, the history of the Château Royal d’Amboise has been closely linked with the great history of France. Palace of Kings Charles the 8th and François the 1st in the Renaissance, burial place of the iconic Leonardo da Vinci, it is an exceptional testimony of the profound changes that took place in Europe in the 15th and 16th centuries. A total expression of French luxury and lifestyle, the Château d’Amboise is also a unique and monumental balcony, open 360° over landscapes inscribed on the World Heritage of Humanity.
Lunch at the Auberge du Prieuré du Clos Lucé
Sion Sausin, Master chef, welcomes you in the Auberge du Prieuré for a gustative experience in its Renaissances rooms and on the shaded outdoor terrace. He offers you many «tasty» amusements from Renaissance recipes. Come and dine and relax in a charming historic setting amidst a Renaissance garden planted with roses, offering a splendid view of the Château d’Amboise. Lunches that have a little taste of the Renaissance, you will be served in costume of eras.
In the afternoon :
The Château du Clos Lucé
King François the 1st, passionate about the talent of Leonardo da Vinci, named him «First painter, engineer and architect of the King». He offers him the enjoyment of the Château du Clos Lucé. The National Archives of Paris has a payment certificate which mentions the pension paid by François 1st to Leonardo da Vinci « A maistre Lyenard de Vince, paintre ytalien, la somme de 2000 écus soleil, pour sa pension di celles deux années ». Leonardo stayed at the Château du Clos Lucé for the last three years of his life and worked on numerous projects for the King of France, surrounded by his students. He received distinguished guests such as the Cardinal of Aragon, the greats of the kingdom, the ambassadors and his friends Italian artists present at the Court of the King including Dominique de Cortone, dit le Boccador, future architect of Chambord. An underground link between the Château du Clos Lucé and the Château Royal d’Amboise allows the two men to meet daily. The first meters of gallery are still visible. 10 years of a fascinating relationship between Leonardo da Vinci and three kings of France: Charles VIII, Louis XII and Francis I, the Italian Master died on May 2, 1519 in his room at the Château du Clos Lucé.
FREE TIME IN THE GARDENS
FREE TIME IN THE VILLE D’AMBOISE
Cultural Travel within one day
- Departure from Paris/Montparnasse station at 09:47 am
- Arrival at Saint-Pierre-des-Corps station at 10:09 am
- Arrival at Amboise at 10:50am
- Around 11:00 am : Guided Tour of the château d’Amboise. Duration about 1h30
- Around 1:00 pm : Lunch at Auberge du Prieuré du Clos Lucé
- Around 3:00 pm: Guided Tour of the Clos Lucé. Duration about 1h30
- Around 4:00 pm : Free time in the gardens of the Château d’Amboise and of the Clos Lucé.
- Around 5:30 pm : Free Time in the Ville d’Amboise
- Departure from Amboise à 7:00 pm
- Arrival at Saint-Pierre-des-Corps station à 8:20 pm
- Arrival at Paris/Montparnasse station at 9:17 pm
• TGV transport Paris/Saint-Pierres-des-Corps/Paris in second class.
• Bus Transfer Saint-Pierre-des-Corps/Amboise/Saint-Pierre-des-Corps
• Lunch at L’Auberge du Prieuré
• The Calliopée’s attendant.
• The guided tours and entries mentioned in the program with a local speaker.
• The transfer mentioned in the program.
• Meals not included in the program,
• The drinks not included in the program,
• The carriage of luggage,
• The tips,
• Personal expenses,
• Cancellation insurance,
• Repatriation insurance.
Formalities for French nationals: a valid identity card is required.
Guided tours: all the artworks, artists and artistic currents mentioned in our detailed programs will not necessarily be the subject of a comment. Some works may also not be exhibited due to loans or restoration. Depending on the time available, your speaker will direct your visit to a selection of works.
Buses: they are not always allowed to leave the groups in front of the castles during the visits. Sometimes they are forced to park and drop off passengers at the car parks, sometimes 600-700 meters from the entrance to the site, which requires some walking.
Weather forecast: We advise you to consult the weather forecast the day before your departure on the website Météo France.